Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Updates

Well, it has been forever since I last posted anything about myself. It seemed somewhat redundant after seeing everyone at Christmas, but I guess it is once again time to tell you what is going on. For starters, my classes are interesting, but I would not consider them to be my favorite. I start with Economics, luckily I am taking it from the easiest teacher, which means it is still really hard, but I'm enjoying it so far-my teacher is pretty funny. Then I have Accounting 200, again really interesting. I think I might actually enjoy this class, mostly because it is all online and I therefore do not need to physically go to class. History of Creavity, taking into consideration the name, it is actually quite boring, but I blame the teacher, not the subject matter. I have an Advanced English class, "Writing in Literature," which seems like it will kill me, but I will learn a lot about writing. Luckily, the book we are writing on is "Persuasion" by Austen, so I'm pretty much set. Lastly I have the second half of Doctrine and Covenants, so basically I love it. Yeah, overall, I don't hate this semester, but I'm not loving it either.
I am still Ward Prayer Co-Chair in my ward and I have no idea what to do for it anymore. I think I have gotten more and more boring with age. All my fun ideas have been used up and nothing is left it would appear.
Now for the crappy part of my life. Trevor and I are no longer together. It's hard to explain, but it basically comes down to the fact that we aren't supposed to be together, no matter how much WE want it. So, I'm not exactly happy right now, but I'm okay. I'm not mad or angry, I'm just sad that it had to end. So, yeah, that's enough of that. Luckily, my roommates and everyone is wonderful and I am on my way to a full recovery. (That is a joke, by the way.) Anyway, that is my life for right now. It all kind of sucks, especially with Obama now being president, but I have hope and faith in the future and I know everything is going to be okay. I love you all!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Oh Laurel, you are so great. Sorry about the BF, but that just frees up your time to meet more guys eh? Good luck with classes this semester (especially economics, yuck—I got an A but don't ask me to recite anything, I promptly forgot it all the minute my final was over.) Let us know if you need anything. Long distance hugs or ideas!

Jamie said...

Don't worry Laurel you are a hottie and your suppose to date lots of guys that aren't right it sucks but if you remember that and just date for fun then it gets easier. Besides I have another bag of clothes so that ought to cheer you up! head up and flaunt those lashes and get out there and mingle!