Friday, April 30, 2010

Graduation!

Well everyone, can you believe it? I graduated from college. Yeah, I can't either. Still, now it is time for me to jump into the river of the real world, and I'm not sure I'm quite ready for it. I have no clue which way my life it headed and I'll admit---it scares me to death. Still, I know I have lots of family and friends that love me and are willing to help me out. And that's a great comfort. Anyway, I'm so happy that Mom, Dad and Grandma could come out for graduation, even if I didn't follow the "plan" and come home. I always love to have them around, and I always realize how much I miss my family when they leave. I think we had a great time together (and the best of luck when it came to getting into packed restaurants). I could tell you all about what we did, but mostly we chatted, we waited, and we ate. But here are the pictures to prove that I did indeed graduate. YAY!!

Melissa and Me--We sat together during Commencement because we are both FHSS.
We were front center, 3 rows up from Elder Christoffersen.
The typical picture in front of BYU's motto.
Me with my fake diploma and the beautiful lei Larissa got me.
The people who got me through it.
Ahhh, Grandma.
Well, it was supposed to be me in front of our namesake.
Brigham Young's statue.

Grandma and me again. Our pictures together just came out great.
The next day when Mom and Dad had left, Bryan and I went to the zoo. I'm mostly posting this because I'm sure you're all dying to know what he looks like and who he is. Well....here you go. By the way, I like the facial hair, so that it a personal preference. Don't hate him if you don't. Oh, and the Hogle Zoo. We are so spoiled. It is tiny and they are missing some of the best animals like lions, bears, seals, zebra. But we still had fun.



Anyway, missing you all as always!! Love you!!

6 comments:

Jeff and Kira said...

Congratulations!! And cute couple!

Mary Richardson said...

Congrats Laurel! I'm so excited for you! oh ya and ps--I like the facial hair too! :)

Tarver Family said...

Oh fun! Congrats :) Facial doesn't bother me either.. though I had a friend who always had it until he was called as the YM president and then asked to keep it clean to be a good example for the boys :) He will grow it back out I am sure once he doesn't have that calling ;) Keep us posted!

therams said...

well, well, well, what have we here... the lei looks great! we're proud of you. since you're staying up there, have fun and make it worth it.

Anna said...

Congratulations again! FREEEEEEDOM!

Aha! Good choice on the facial hair. I think we will like him :)...the question is...will he like us? :)

Anonymous said...

Awww, Good looking couple! I am happy to see that you are having fun. Love you!