Friday, May 23, 2008

Gloria's Little Italy


Since I don't have anything else to write about in my life, I thought I would mention the amazing little restaurant that Emily and I decided to try on a whim one day. It is called Gloria's Little Italy and is run by the cutest little couple and their family! They are straight from Italy (so you can always hear Italian in the kitchen) where they make all their own food, desserts and gelato. I love Italian food and saw this restaurant mentioned in the Daily Universe, so when Emily and I were bored on a Friday night (sad, I know) I said we should go and try it. Adam, even you would appreciate the food here, I think it could give you a run for your money. Everything that we had was AMAZING!!! They have Italian sodas, no cream (sorry Mom) or carbination, so at first it isn't what you expect, but it is still good. I had the penne pasta with their ragu on one side and quattro formaggio (4 cheeses) on the other, and it was delectable!! Emily had the same cheese sauce with fettucine and she said it was the best she ever had. Since we wanted the experience (and the desserts looked too good to pass up) we tried the....I don't even know how to say it, but it looked like colossus, and it was as big and as good as one too!! Then since we were there we tried their gelato. There are many places in Provo to get "genuine" gelato, but oh my goodness, I don't think you can beat Gloria!! The chocolate tasted like a melted down brownie, except cold, well anyways, it was tres bon (I know that's French, but that's the only other language I know). Basically I would recommend it to anyone, especially those of you who, like me, love Italian food!! I will probably be disappointed by any other Italian restaurant that I go to. Well, maybe not Ottavio's or Johnny's but still, we are talking about real Italy here!! Basically, I LOVE IT!!!

4 comments:

Anna said...

I've totally been there. When I told Adam I had the Polenta, I thought he'd be so proud of me but he totally turned up his nose! He had polenta like, every day on his mission (it's like malto-meal with red sauce) and told me I sure got something authentic . . . but not delicious. (I liked it.) Anyway, I'm glad you guys discovered it. It's such a great place!

Jason Maestri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason Maestri said...

I just found this post while I was looking to see what sites come up in google when you look for Gloria's. I really enjoyed your review and agree completely! Gloria and Mauro have created something simply wonderful there. My coworkers and I try to make it in there at least once a month, usually it winds up being nearly once a week. Have you done any more reviews of restaurants in the Provo area? It's always interesting to see where people are eating and what they think.

Anonymous said...

Is there wine available?