Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Going Down the Bayou

Okay, so it's not a real bayou, but Bryan, Em and I recently watched "Princess and the Frog" and the song got stuck in my head. Which, I love that movie by the way. But that's not what's important. What's important is that I braved the freezing cold Provo river!!
Bryan's co-workers invited us to go tubing with them on Saturday. However, when the day came, it looked like a storm was heading our way. His friends decided to bail. We just thought, well, we're going to get wet anyway. So we hopped on some tubes and, low and behold, it rained for 2 minutes and then the sun came out and shined all the rest of the day. It didn't help my poor freezing body though. I think my feet went numb in 5 seconds, literally. Still, we had a blast, trying to get each other wet and not hitting the branches on both sides of the river. Might I add here that Bryan has started to get me to run everyday and we make sure and stretch after, so I'm getting pretty limber and was able to fold myself into a ball inside the tube and not hit the branches. I felt very cool.

The water level was a lot higher than I've seen it in a while, so we got some good "rapids" in there. I thought I had won for getting the most wet, but of course, right at the end, Bryan had to one-up me by flipping himself over! I was genuinely concerned for his safety, but I was cracking up so hard too. Sadly, he lost his sunglasses, but I'm sure we'll get him another pair at some point.

After we went to Heber Lake because we just didn't have enough of the water. Bryan has this thing for water and I agree with him most of the time. It can be so pretty around Utah sometimes. And since we were in Heber already, we went to one of their "ma and pa" restaurants---I've heard they're pretty good. We ended up at "The Spicy Lady." (How could you not want to go to a place called that?) It was a saloon. It was so fun inside. And the food was really good too. Plus they had live music and I swear the guy sounded just like Willie Nelson. Still, it was a great weekend. (I seem to be having a lot of them these days. I wonder what the difference could be.)

2 comments:

Anna said...

THIS was NOT the post I thought I was going to be reading today. SOMEONE'S blog is now out of date.......

(But that restaurant looks awesome!)

Anonymous said...

Bayou! I love that movie too!
The brave ones! I can only imagine how cold it was!
Always good to hear that you are having a good time!