Thursday, August 5, 2010

We Have A Home!!

I swear, Provo must be the worst place to try to find housing in the world! I think that Bryan and I have looked at hundreds of ads and it's almost pathetic how bad some of them are for the price they want to charge.....but that's the market I guess. We've looked at basement apartments, condos, townhouses, places without air conditioning, places without washers and dryers, places with everything and places with nothing. Some of them seemed like they could work, but nothing felt right. Nothing felt like home.

It was so funny when Bryan found the apartment we are going to live in. His first statement about it: "Whoa....I like that kitchen....a lot." Now seriously, how many guys do you hear that from? I love that Bryan can cook, and that he enjoys it---I think. I think my favorite part about the apartment is that it is a house built in 1912, but it's not a basement! It's hard to explain. It's not a townhouse or anything like that, but the house has been split in two. Basically the landlords bolted one door and the house is separated. They totally renovated the kitchen (ceramic tile, granite counters, new appliances---probably why Bryan liked it so much). The living room has a fireplace with built-in shelves around it and a big casement window. It has so much character. I wish I had pictures, but they already took the ad down and obviously we don't live there yet. It's one bed, one bath, but it has so much storage space. I can't wait to move in!

I think one of the best parts is that the landlords are so fun and nice. We were the first people to take a look at it and apparently we made a good impression. I had talked to Shelley on the phone and she seemed so nice and I was excited to see her in person, sadly she wasn't there, but her husband was so he showed us around. They are really laid-back people and I think they'll be great landlords. After we went through it and fell in love with it I told Bryan we had to get it! So we chatted up Shaun for a bit. (Nothing like talking to make yourself look better, right?) Shelley called me today to say that out of all the people who came (and apparently there were quite a few) we were the lucky ones getting it. She said that Shaun had really liked us and after every other couple came to see it he would say, nope, not as good as us!! Bryan and I are so COOL!!! They are even willing to hold Bryan's stuff until we can officially move in on the 16th--his contract ends on the 13th. And I'm sure that it we want, they'll let us plant a garden. They'll be great neighbors!

So what has this taught me? I hate looking for housing. I hate ads without pictures. And no matter how much you think you know what you want, God always steps in and gives you what you need. I am so excited to start this new journey in my life. And I'm so grateful that Bryan is going to be right there next to me.

3 comments:

Anna said...

You need to drive by and sneak a picture for us!

Jamie said...

Yes even if its on your cell phone we want to see what it looks like...oh I have an idea maybe its on Google maps street view whats the address?

Sarah Stiles said...

Hey look, I found your blog!

Okay, I haven't even seen pics of your new place, and even I am in love with it:-) I love homes with character. I still have "Big Plans" for mine. But first I just need to clean it, lol.