Wednesday, November 10, 2010

One Month

Yesterday was our one month.....anniversary, I guess you could say. Don't worry, I'm not the type of crazy person that is going to celebrate each month, but I thought that the first month was kinda special. Especially since we haven't killed each other yet. :)

I didn't even really plan it out until about an hour before I got off work and realized what day it was. I knew I was going to cook dinner anyway, so I decided that I would just liven it up a bit to make it special--plus I knew that Bryan had Frisbee so he wouldn't be there to ruin the surprise.

I ran to the grocery store to pick up some ingredients we didn't have and then I went to Kmart. Okay, I know this is weird, but I'm starting to really like that store. I wanted placemats and they were the only ones that had nice, simple ones. Target and Walmart looked like a college magazine. I defiantly did NOT want bright pink and white polka-dotted placemats and Kmart had the nicest light gold ones. Plus we got our table (yes, for now it is a card table) with chairs there for cheaper than anywhere else and it looked like it at least tried to have some design to it. Anyway, basically I feel that I should rethink my perception of Kmart.

So I made dinner and set the table - I think even Ms. Manners would be proud.
I even looked up how to fold napkins. This one is called "Lily."
We needed two cups so that we could have a drink with our meal and for our toast. Yep, I got Martinelli's. It's tradition. We couldn't celebrate without it.
So even though it was simple, I'm proud. And I think Bryan liked it too.
So it wasn't completely a surprise. Bryan's brother had asked for help moving his stuff and Bryan asked me if we should invite him to dinner. I normally would love to have his brother come over, but I thought that would be a little awkward, so I had to tell Bryan that I wanted to make a special dinner. Of course, he caught on immediately. (He was wondering why I was pushing him out the door.) Sadly, he thought he needed to take his time, so he didn't come home until 8:00. I thought I needed to rush, so I had everything ready at 7:15. The food got a little cold and I had to make more sauce because it all cooked away, but it turned out okay in the end. Other than that, it was just how I planned it. We ate, we toasted, we smiled, we love. Basically......I love my husband!!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Good job girlie and don't worry KMART is my new favorite store. Prices are cheap and they have cool clothes I just got 2 sweaters and a shirt there. I just don't have one close by. The one I went to was 3 hours away:( But yeah they have changed a lot.