Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving and Christmas. Actually, I love Halloween because that's where it all begins. I swear, they have so many of the best holidays in Fall and Winter because they know there is nothing else to do. And that's just how I like it! Anyway, I signed up to make a pie for our Ward's Pie and Game night. Sadly I didn't start it until I got home from work at 5 and so it wasn't ready in time. Oh well, I don't think Bryan minded. I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com and apparently everyone loves it and its won all these awards, so I had to try it. My conclusion...it's really good---or I just make one really great apple pie. I'm leaning towards the latter. Anyway, it tasted great and looks even better, if I say so myself, which of course I do. I mean look at it, it's picture perfect!!
Bryan and I spent Thanksgiving at his brother's house (Craig and Sarah) in Layton. His two younger brothers were there with us too. Sarah made almost the entire dinner herself (props to her) and it was delicious. We had so much fun. We even played Balderdash and your's truly won. Apparently I'm really good at making up things that sound real (which I believe is a useful tool) or, as Bryan pointed out, I've been watching too much Lie To Me and have been using my lying detection skills to figure out who was lying. Maybe it was a little of both. Or I'm just a genius. I'll take either.

That Friday Bryan had to go back to work (sadly) and I got to stay home, so what did I do...I put up the Christmas Tree!! I love decorating. Especially Christmas. And in our little apartment it looks like a Christmas card it's so perfectly traditional. I love it!! I did silver and gold again this year. It's just so classic.
And even though these pictures are fuzzy I wanted to get the feel of the room with the lights softly glowing. YAY!!
Plus we have that huge window so this year everyone else can really appreciate my beautiful tree like they haven't been able to the last couple of years. I think that Bryan is figuring out that I am the Jones' that everyone else is trying to keep up with. I can't help that I like showing off. I'm just too good at what I do!!
Later that night we rented Toy Story 3, I know, I know, we're a little slow when it comes to watching the must-sees. Bryan built us a fort because our living room is huge with no furniture in it other than a tree and piano. It was so simply perfect. I commented how it is nice to know that if we are ever stuck out somewhere my husband can build me a fort with some safety pins. We had so much fun. I would suggest that everyone should make a fort now and again. It brings back so many memories and can be the beginning of a great adventure!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I guess I better see if aaron can make a fort? "Oh Aaron"

Sarah Stiles said...

Can you believe we have never made a fort with Cameron? I am seriously slacking on my parenting responsibilities!

I am totally jealous of your tree, too! For years and years we have used my little 4.5' tree. I have had it since long before I met Craig. It was great while we were living in a little apartment, but now I want a big tree! I am hoping to find a good one on sale after Christmas.

Mary Richardson said...

Laurel that pie looks so good! You have always been so good at baking! And I love you're tree. It is absolutely beautiful! Your house is just perfect for holiday decorating :)