Friday, December 17, 2010

Burns

For those of you who have lived or visited Provo, this may come as sad or shocking news. This morning at 2:45am, the Provo Tabernacle was reported to be burning down. Perhaps burned down isn't the correct words for the four walls still stand, but the roof, inside and beautiful stain glass windows are all gone - perhaps also a turret by the end of this. And smoke billows from the top even now as I type this, as firefighters continue to try to put out the flames. It is yet unknown what started the fire, but it is believed it started in the attic.

I'm so glad that Bryan, Nathan, me and especially Korina, who had never seen the Tabernacle before, were able to go to our Stake's Musical Fireside in the Tabernacle last Sunday. The Tabernacle has been my favorite building in Provo since I moved here and I am truly sorry to see it in such a state. I hope they rebuild it, seems saving it seems more and more impossible as the fire continues to burn.

2 comments:

Mary Richardson said...

I CANNOT believe this happened!!! I was so sad to hear about this! This was also my favorite building in Provo as well. I do hope they rebuild it.

Sarah Stiles said...

Craig and I have so many happy memories there. We are just heartbroken. It is like the death of an old friend.