Monday, June 13, 2011

Work

Sometimes it's nice you use my degree at work. They aren't the best drawings, but I didn't have much time. The idea is an international market/cafe. The first picture is of a mood board. I hand drew the center picture. It has a huge island in the middle with a Mongolian grill, fryers, a shwarma, open-fire grills and steamers. The employees would be able to walk around that (on the black and white checkered floor) and then they would be surrounded by glass cases of gelato, salads, basically anything international.

They didn't go for that idea. It was too large and they (meaning the big BYU head-honchos) don't want food to be the main focus--although Dining has to pay for the whole remodel....ridiculous if you ask me. The only way to pay for the stupid building is to sell food somehow, but yeah, they want like a hot dog stand. Don't get me started on how stupid these people can be. So this was our next idea. Against a wall, circular so it has lots of room for us, but doesn't take up that much space. I don't know what they thought of the idea, but I thought I did well none the less.
So yeah, who knew that I'd be working at Dining Services and using my interior design?

4 comments:

Anna said...

Awesome! Way fun. So, I'm a little confused. I thought they got rid of interior design....

Laurel said...

They did. I majored in Home & Family Living with an emphasis in Interior Design.

Jamie said...

Oh you will have to keep us updated on if they picked your idea. Looks good.

Mena said...

The first idea is amazing- they're dumb not to use it! The second is cool and more along the lines of a BYU style. Great job! :)