Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Rockin' Chair

I finally remembered to take a picture of the finished rocking chair (which has been done for like 2 or 3 months now) so now I can post about it. I guess there isn't much to say. It was old and rickety, the paint was coming off and it was brown. Like old 70's brown. So we changed it. We were debating between white and red, but decided on red since we needed color somewhere and we'll just paint it again if we want to change it in the future. So after many hours of working on it.....here is our "new" rocking chair.

Yes, we took it apart and sanded the whole thing.....by hand.
In pieces.
All sanded and back together again---much more sturdy too with new glue.
Primer. So this is what it would look like white.
RED!! Please don't look at it and think it looks really bright. It doesn't in person, it was just late at night with terrible overheard lighting. It looks great in person. Everyone compliments it.
So yep, Bryan and I can do things if we put our mind to it.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow, I bet that took a while with all that sanding! Totally worth it, though! It's super cute! I love the red too...it's more "Laurel-ish" that way. :) Good job guys!

Jamie said...

yep looks cute!

Heidi J said...

You guys are crazy cool! You know I have several pieces of furniture that could use some type of this kind of work.