Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Birthday

Well, now that it is the 9th I feel it is about time for me to sit down and write about my birthday.....which was 4 days ago. Work has just been so busy that I haven't had time to catch my breath. And, yes, I write my blog at work. I rarely, if ever, get on the computer when I'm at home and writing my blog gives me a little mental break while I'm here. Anyway, back to my birthday.....

I'm 24. Twenty-four. Vingt-quatre. Veinticuatro. Translation: I'm ANCIENT! Just kidding!! But I will admit that going on 25--a quarter of a century--does freak me out just a little. Not that I mind aging. Getting old doesn't scare me, but wondering where the last year went does. I feel that the older I get the quicker time flies by. High school felt like forever, college felt like a dream, and now I've been working at my job for a year and a half and I really can't believe it. Wait, I did it again, back to my birthday.....

I have an amazing husband. But anyone reading this already knows that. I slept in because it was my birthday and I could. And sleeping in was like 8:45. Ugh, what happen to sleeping in until 10:00 or 11:00? I miss those days. Well, I get up, brush my hair and teeth, wash my face, put in my contacts and expect to see Bryan on the couch with his computer or something, but I don't. I walk into the living room and he has lit a fire and some candles and has my presents all piled up. It was so romantical. (That's a quote from a movie--I do not speak that way.) A few minutes later he walks in with a bouquet of orange-red roses (because they look like Fall and he knows I love those colors) and breakfast from Kneaders.

After we ate I unwrapped my presents. He got me "Inception" on Blu-ray, which is one of the most awesome movies ever. He also got me the book, Fablehaven. He knows I have this thing for young adult fiction. I think it's usually more fun and so much cleaner than adult (especially chick-lit) fiction! Plus it is one of his favorite books and he has been trying to get me to read it for a pretty long time. No better way than to buy it for me. And I'll admit--so far it's pretty good. He got me a pair of gloves, but not just ANY gloves. They look normal, but on the pointer finger and thumb it has a special magnet something-or-another in it so that my touch phone registers it!! If that doesn't make sense, basically it allows me to work my phone without taking off my gloves and freezing my hands. This is ingenious!!! I've frozen my hands so many times because I can't get my phone to work through gloves. And it has some gripper stuff on the palm of the glove so that I won't drop my phone. I think this must be one of the most thoughtful gifts! He knows I'm basically freezing at all times and bought me something to fix it. Let's see.....he also got me a set of ramekins. This will save our poor little mugs from being cooked once a week when I make us Molten Chocolate Cake. Yum! I'm so excited to use them. Plus they make me feel like a real baker. He got me a multi-use cake plate too. It is a stand with cover, a veggie tray with dip holder. A drink and/or soup tureen and many other things. I've actually wanted a cake plate, although I don't think I've ever told Bryan. I guess he may be able to read my mind. Creepy. He also got me chocolates. What can I say? I'm a chocolaholic. Finally he got me a watch. And I mean a nice one! Anne Klein. I love it. It's modern with a little of old-world charm. Plus it has a diamond. He certainly knows me.
Bryan also got me a card. It was so cute and sweet. He wrote me a note and I cried. I'm such a baby. But I love him, so that's excuse enough for me.

After that he went to the MTC to volunteer French speaking with senior missionaries and I watched an episode of Vampire Diaries. I REALLY hate to admit I watch that show. But I was bored one day and there is all this hype about it and I had to see what was going on. Now I'm addicted. Plus, how bad does it sound that my husband was volunteering and I was watching a teenage drama? Oh well, it was my birthday and I reserve the right to do what I want.

Later I made a cake for myself. Not that Bryan wouldn't have done it, but I wasn't doing anything. It was a pumpkin chocolate cake with orange (in color and flavor) cream cheese
frosting with a semisweet chocolate glaze. Emily used to make it for me for my birthday before. Plus I had a brand new cake plate. It was delicious! I have it on good authority. My own. Just kidding, Uncle Ken and Aunt Becky and everyone else said it was good. And I trust that they weren't just being nice.....kind of.
This also lets you see my cake plate!

Well, for dinner we went to Communal. Oh my goodness!!!! AMAZING!!!! Chef's own it so all the food is really good and stuff that you wouldn't think goes together, well, goes together. And you can't understand half the menu because you don't know all the terms--so you KNOW it has to be good. It is such a chic place. I love it!! You just feel sophisticated. I was meant to eat in places like this.
After dinner we went to the dollar theater (after spending that much on dinner--although completely worth it--the dollar theater seemed about right). We saw Cowboys & Aliens. It was pretty entertaining.

So anyway, I had an amazing birthday and Bryan made everything wonderful!!

What have I learned? I love GREAT food and it is worth the cost. I eat too much chocolate, but I can't stop myself. My job seems to get better and better. My husband is the best (not that I learned that, but I believe it deserves being stated anyway). I miss my family, but I know I'll see them sooner rather than later hopefully. I'm kind of a terrible teacher, but getting better. And I give the best parties. Yeah, deep stuff, I know. Anyway, Happy Birthday to me!! Love you all!!!

1 comment:

Mary Richardson said...

Sounds like an amazing birthday! you sure were spoiled! :) What an amazing hubby you have! You guys are such a perfect couple :)