Thursday, April 18, 2013

Baby Shower!

I really can't believe that my baby is due in less than 3 weeks. It's a little nerve-wracking, but exciting at the same time. I am ready to have my body back though. It's kind of annoying not being able to bend over or get in and out of the car easily. Funny how you take those things for granted. Anyway, this past Saturday was my baby shower!! My great friend Samantha threw it for me. (She's the blonde to the right of me.) Props to her! She is becoming the go-to person among her friends for parties like bachelorette,  wedding, and baby showers because she does them so well. She got together with Emily to plan the whole thing out and it went splendidly! They were even trying to surprise me at first, but obviously I had to be told at some point. It would have been really random if Sam suddenly wanted me to come over on a Saturday morning and to dress up cute. 

It was a tremendous success! We had a nice brunch with fruit, chicken salad sandwiches, brownies and some lemonade cupcakes that I made from Pinterest. Sam even went as far as to wrap the bottled water with little baby print. I was most happy about how many people showed up! I wouldn't say that I have LOTS of friends in Utah, so I was worried that we would do all this planning and then 5 people would be there. I only had 20 people on the invite list to begin with! So when practically everyone came--let's just say that it made my heart all warm and fuzzy! A big 'thank you' for everyone supporting me! The only sad part was Mom Moon was supposed to come (had the flight and everything) but her uncle past away and the funeral ended up being the same day. But my daddy came! He was the only man there, but I think he pulled it off well.

We all ate and chatted for a while, introduced ourselves and how we all knew me, and we had everyone fill out a place on a calendar of when they think the baby will actually come. Whoever is closest will get a gift card! Everyday for a week before and after my due date was filled out, except for the due date itself. But apparently less than 1% of babies come on their due date, so actually I guess it was in everyone's interest not to choose that date. Even I didn't! (I'm secretly hoping that it comes early, but then again, doesn't everyone?)

We then opened gifts! I got almost everything from my registry! Everyone was so nice and generous and the nursery is so stinkin' cute now. The colors are grey and yellow with duckies--nice and gender neutral even though we know it's a girl. I'm just being proactive and thinking of the next kid I guess.
 Sam and Me
 My ginormous 37 week belly.

 This was a nice shot of my swollen feet and cankles. I can't wait for those to be gone too.
 I just thought my face was funny in this one.

My new friend, Macy, from the ward, her mother hand made these little moccasin shoes!
 Some of the attendees!
 After all the gifts were open I was saying how hot I was (although it was cloudy and kinda cold outside).

 Sam and her mom went through all the trouble to make a diaper cake. Apparently it isn't easy.
 Me making out like a bandit!
I can't say how happy I was about everything! And I was so worried about having a shower in the first place. But, like I said, everyone was a huge support! I do actually feel like I am somewhat ready to have this baby now. My next blog might even be about the birth. Scary....

No comments: