Friday, February 15, 2008

Ode to an Elephant

Ode to an Elephant
by Laurel Moon
Oh thou that sittest so forlorn
In peak’d white and gray,
Where is the laughter and the mirth
Of gaieties gone past of day.
I see no smile upon thy face,
No hands clasped in glee,
But only stares of emptiness
And a mind devoid of ease.
But there is hope of life to come,
Of joy, of love to be,
So be thou content, oh elephant
To be the possess’d of me.
*****************************
Well, I am proud of my little elephant, in so much so, that I wrote an ode to it. Maybe I went a little overboard, but considering I hand sewed the entire thing and that it took me five hours, I think I have a right to be a little crazy. Yes, this is my elephant from the most recent "New Night" hosted by Anna. It is made entirely of socks and stuffing, held together with embroidery floss. I believe it to be a large conquest in my life, seems I have never hand sewn anything and actually completed it. To be honest, I think it is the cutest little stuffed animal ever, and I hope that Larissa can appreciate that it is an elephant. Overall it was a very entertaining and fun night. We had pizza, these pull-apart cinnamon bread things, and some really cute movies. My roommate, Emily, came along and we had a blast.

Other then this my last week has been very busy. It was mid-terms week and I had 5 tests, a project and a paper all due. Luckily I scheduled my time just right and was able to complete it all with relatively good marks and still do all the things that I wanted to do. I am very proud of myself. Basically this means that I haven't really done much, but I thought that I would at least share my elephant.

No comments: