Wednesday, April 2, 2008

FESTIVAL OF COLORS!!!




FESTIVAL OF COLORS (HOLI)
Hare Krishna Rama Rama
This last weekend was the Festival of Colors at the Indian Temple in Spanish Fork. Adam and Anna set it up like everything else and here we are, my roommates and me, enjoying ourselves in the mass of color. It is a celebration of spring and of unity. The point of the colors is that at the beginning we all start off different but through the celebration of rebirth and unity of different cultures we throw the colors and all become one and the same. It is really cool!! You get REALLY dirty and the powder is so thick that you can't breathe, but you can't help laughing at the same time. I really love this tradition that we have all started here, and I hope to continue it for the rest of the time that I am here!!

No comments: