Monday, July 28, 2008

The Watersdown Mansion Murder Mystery Affair

I don't even know where to begin!! Emily and I had our second Murder Mystery Dinner, and I think it was an even bigger hit then the last! As you can see from the pictures, we always go all out. I would try to explain everything but it would be so long and difficult. Basically it was set in 1936, Yorkshire, England in a Mansion. The owner was found murdered and we, the guests, have to figure out which one of us did it. It only took 8 hours to get it all ready, crazy, I know, but worth it. Everyone had the best of time!!!! I can't wait to do the next one, although I know I need a break first.
Our Entry to Watersdown Mansion

The Cloak Room
The Library
The Dining Room
The Lounge
The Ladies: Randy (Me), Flo (Kelsy), Ali (Emily) and E (Kayleen)
The Gentlemen: Mal (Adam), Donny (Ben), Rog (Jordan) and Pro (Colin)
All of us together. We look great, don't we?Emily and me with our fake cigarettes.
Don't I look amazing?!?! I was an American Actress.
Jordan, thinking he's cool, as always. He was an architect and mountain climbing.
Consequently the killer too. Mother, what kind of family are you raising? Two Murderers, what are the chances?


Other then all of this for Pioneer Day we went tubing down the Provo River! It was so much fun!!

9 comments:

Anna said...

Well...I'm officially jealous. :)

heidi said...

Me too!! I never did anything so cool. We will have to do the Murder Mystery when everyone is here for Thanksgiving.
Love, Heidi

Mary M said...

Hello - Your Watersdown Affair looks amazing! We are going to do it this weekend too, (Feb. 13/10) and are all set up as authentically as possible, both as to costumes and setting etc. HOWEVER: I've just discovered that my box does NOT HAVE 3 of the "sealed clues". I have only the Scotland Yard Report, and for Pro and for Rog. Would you be able to send me the text of the other clues? If not, will we be able to do this Murder Mystery without them? (I've been trying desperately to locate another box at local games stores, book and toy stores etc., but it is apparently not produced anymore)
Any help you could give me would be much appreciated!
Cheers,
Mary M

Mary M said...

ooops - Regarding getting the Sealed Clues for the Watersdown Affair, (for Feb. 13/10) I forgot my contact info:
fredandmaryandrews@sympatico.ca

Cheers, Mary M

Holly1983 said...

You went and put the answer to the mystery in your blog!!! I was just reading this for reviews after I bought the damn game!!! HOW DARE YOU DO THAT?!? :-(

Anonymous said...

I'm embarrassingly in the same predicament as Mary M in that I have purchased this game and everything in it is new. Except I'm missing the Scotland Yard report. Any chance you could help me out as well?? I would so appreciate it. It looks like it was an awesome party!
Contact info:
bdfslf@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I am missing the Scotland Yard report also. Is there anyone who could share???
suitesmith@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I'm missing the Scotland yard and the first era one. Idk if you still use this but if so could you share it with me.

Unknown said...

Oh it's dede.curtis13@gmail.com