Friday, September 23, 2011

Utah State Fair

Last Saturday, Bryan and I went to the Utah State Fair. I have to admit that it has nothing on the Texas State Fair. I sometime miss Big Tex. But still, it gives us something to do on a Saturday and we had fun anyway walking around and seeing the exhibits. This year they had sea lions who would take pictures with you. They were pretty darn cool.
Next we went to the photography exhibit and looked through hundreds of pictures. Some of them were really amazing. We had to take a picture of this so that we could brag about our sister in law.
That's right! Sarah got second place in her category. Great job Sarah!!
We, of course, had to eat our once-in-a-year greasy, deep-fried food and so we stopped and watched a show at the same time. The show at the time was called Tagaloa and it was Pacific Island dancing. Yay!!
A picture of us at the fair. I really wish my front camera took better pictures, but it works I guess.
We walked through all the cows, sheep, goats, pigs, bunnies, birds, 4-H clubs, garden, anything else you can think of areas and lasted end with Aussie Kingdom. We got to see kangaroos. I find it kinda sad that they are put in cages and on display when they usually hop around everywhere, but it was cool seeing them.
Later that night we had the privilege of watching BYU majorly loss to the Utes, but so is life. At least we were able to spend time with one of Bryan's old mission buddies and his family. So in the end, it was a great weekend!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Don't feel too bad for the kangaroos they don't do anything at the zoo but lay around all day. I think the fact that you could get pics with the seal lions is Awesome!

Sarah Stiles said...

Haha, I don't get a chance to blog-browse much anymore, but I had some free time:-) So cool that you saw my pic at the fair! I actually got a perfect score on that image, but it took second because the judges thought the one that got first was a better "moment", even though it was not as technically sound. Oh well. I was pretty dang proud of that ribbon - it was the first time I had actually placed at the fair:-)