Tuesday, October 11, 2011

1st Anniversary

So this past Sunday was our first anniversary!! Can you believe? Me neither. I must say that I have married one of the best men in the world! He is so wonderful, funny, caring, and handsome. I am so blessed to be sealed to him forever!!

For our anniversary this year we obviously celebrated on Saturday. I "made" us cinnamon rolls in the morning (thank you Rhodes Rolls!) and we spent the morning going to DI and stuff to see what old frames and books we could find for Bryan's brother's upcoming wedding---which I will be doing the decorations for!! Exciting!! I have some simple, crafty ideas that I think will look great. Anyway, then we got all ready and headed up to Salt Lake. We had reservations at The Roof (which Mom has always told me I HAD to go to one day---well, Saturday was that day). It was delicious!! And all the views are great, but our's was super-great! And they have a live pianist and she happened to play all the songs I would want her to play like Somewhere in Time, Rachmaninoff, and Claire de Lune. What are the chances? It's like she knew it was my anniversary.
I know that we are just so cute. And I had to take a picture because it seems like we never do it nowadays. And then we had tickets for the Utah Opera. The opera was Beethoven's only, Fidelio. It is a story about a wife who basically saves her husband from prison and death. It was very women-empowered which I didn't really expect from an opera from 1805. It was amazing and our seats were really pretty good. And we got to walk around Salt Lake which is really cool although it may not seem like it all the time.
After the opera was over it was past 10:00pm and all the Church Buildings were closed. Sadly, our car was parking under the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. I was so worried that we couldn't get our car and would have to stay in a really chic hotel in Salt Lake. That would have just been the end of the world! But a side door was open and we safely got to our car. We even got to exit the VIP side and didn't have to pay the 5 hours for parking. It was pretty cool. Overall a wonderful night!! Thank you, my love, for everything!!!!

3 comments:

Emily Hodgen said...

ONE YEAR!! so crazy! Congratulations, I love you guys!

Melanie said...

I was thinking about you guys on your anniversary! Happy One Year!!! Wasn't The Roof awesome?! We go there pretty much every year on our anniversary, haha! It's my favorite! Glad you guys had fun, and what a sweet wife you are to say all this nice things about Bryan! He's lucky to have you!!!!

Korina Moon said...

I'm glad you guys had a great time! Now I need to go try The Roof!