Sunday, April 5, 2015

Grandparents Stiles

So Laurel went to post a blog and a draft of this post was sitting in the queue. So I guess we'll just post it now.

A few weeks ago Grandma and Grandpa Stiles flew in to visit us for the first time since we moved to Texas. It was a great treat. I was curious to see how Everly would react. The last time she saw them in person she was maybe 6 months old or so. We've Skyped often since then but I didn't know if Everly would make the connection. So after picking up my parents from the airport we went home to meet Laurel and Everly at the house. Everly was indeed a little wary at first until we went upstairs to her room. Then it was show off time, it just took a little suggestion to show one of her toys to Grandma and Grandpa and they were best friends after that. Upon further reflection, I don't think that changes much when you get older because if you want to hear about my toys then you are my best friend too.

So I took off work for most of the week and we partied the whole time. We had our whole dinner menu planned out of what to cook for the week and everything was ready and perfect. Then we realized we would rather scrap those plans and introduce my parents to our favorite restaurants in the area. So that's what we did. We hit up any restaurant that we liked that doesn't exist in Nevada.

A couple of other highlights. Dad and I went golfing, then the next day we went to a disc golf course. Fun times. No pictures though. Dad got some good cuddle time with Everly. We had some Motown music playing and Everly just wanted Grandpa to hold her and sway with the music.


We also visited the botanical gardens in Fort Worth where Everly discovered the joys of walking on the curb.

Trying to get a good photo...


And on an unrelated note, Laurel and I went to Texas Roadhouse a while ago. Everly loves sauces. She would survive on a diet of ketchup, ranch, and barbecue sauce if she could. She is also cute in a hat.


She also has a thing where she likes to hide in cupboards. This time she wanted to hide in the play refrigerator. She almost fit.


The end.


No comments: