Tuesday, December 11, 2012

25 Days of Christmas, Part 2

Day 6 - Service Dinner
As you all know, Bryan and I just moved and are in a new ward. Like I mentioned, we have been trying to make friends and it seems to be going well. Last Sunday Bryan heard a guy introducing himself in Priesthood who apparently just moved in and didn't have any of their furniture. He did summer sales and he took his family to Orlando for the summer with whatever they could fit in their car. That works when you live in a place that is completely furnished, but now that they are settling down they have nothing. They were eating on the floor picnic style. So, of course, what goes through Bryan's head......let's invite them to dinner! Since they have 2 small kids we decided to go with simple and traditional. Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup. Of course, if you know us, you know it isn't as simple as that. We looked at it as kind of a service dinner. It was nice to get to know them and be able to give them some relief from cooking. (And don't worry, they have all their stuff now.)

Day 7 - Special Restaurant
This is the Black Sheep Cafe. It has become one of Bryan's favorite restaurants. The theme is actually Native American/Southwest and they serve Navajo Tacos--among other things. On Friday we had a "go to a special restaurant" activity. Bryan had been craving Black Sheep and so we went. We invited Nathan and Korina too. It is one hoppin' place. They have Cactus Pear Lemonade and some kind of blue tacos that are delicious. Plus after talking with Heidi this Thanksgiving, I wonder if the chandelier is a Chihuly? It kind of looks like his work.

Day 8 - Christmas Shopping and Ward Christmas Party
Saturday was just full of Christmas-y stuff! We slept in which was nice for once. Then we got up and went to a new Cinnabon in the mall for breakfast. Next time--minibons. The regular are huge! After that we stopped by Jared's to get my ring cleaned and rhodium plated. It need both badly. Then we went our separate ways and went shopping for each other. I prefer shopping with someone, but since I didn't want Bryan around and he didn't want me around, there was nothing to do. Hours and big bucks later, we met at home and started the grueling task of actually wrapping the gifts. Still, they are so pretty!

After that we had just enough time to get ready for the Ward Christmas Party. I don't think I've ever seen so many people show up to anything ward related......ever. It was in the gym and it was packed! They even ran out of some food (luckily more came). It was crazy! But we were able to meet up with some of our new friends and meet some new people too. We didn't stay long, then again it didn't last long. We ate, Bishop gave a little story, awards were given for best dessert (no I did not bring one), and everyone went home. Short and sweet. Just the way it should be.

Day 9 - Sunday Dinner
Now this might not be any different than any other Sunday, but I think it still counts on our list of Christmas activities. What's more important than family and Christmas anyway? Well, we had dinner at Uncle Ken and Aunt Becky's like almost every Sunday. Only this time we decided to play a game with Christina. Only six rounds of Mexican Train. 13 rounds later we were able to go home at 10 o'clock. She's a sneaky one. Still, we had some fun and I'm beginning to remember that I do like some games. Although I tell Bryan differently.

Day 10 - Special Treat
These are my secret Molten Lava Cakes and Bryan calls them. I'm pretty sure that isn't their real name, but it certainly looks likes molten lava to me, so we'll go with it. This is the one dessert that I make on any kind of regular basis. Number 1) it is delicious. Number 2) it is fairly easy. Number 3) you can make them in serving sizes of 2--perfectly for Bryan and me. I haven't made them in a while, so it was about time. They were almost too chocolaty from what I remember. And that's saying something coming from me. Still, nothing says Christmas like something warm and gooey.

10 days down, 15 more to go! Merry Christmas!!

No comments: