Monday, December 3, 2012

My Birthday

It is really sad that I never blogged about my own birthday. And we can't blame Bryan or anything, because he did a great job. I think I was just so tired after blogging about Paris that I couldn't blog about something else for a while. Well......it's been a while. A whole month to be exact. We celebrated my birthday on the 3rd which was a Saturday because we knew we wouldn't have much time on Monday when it actually was.

Now let's see what I can remember. I'm pretty sure I slept in. Yeah. But Bryan was wonderful and made cinnamon rolls. Or baked them I should say. We really like the Rhodes ones--plus they are so easy. Then he immediately made me open my gifts. I look pretty terrible in the pictures, but I'm going to blame the early morning and pregnancy on that.
I chose this picture because you can't see my face in it. Sad, I know.

Bryan had gotten me a plethora of movies that I have been wanting for the longest time, but never buy myself. I don't know why, but apparently I have a problem with that. He got me Beauty and the Beast (I'm trying to expand our collection, especially with Baby on the way), White Christmas (I have to watch it during the holidays), Singing in the Rain (always a classic and one of the few musicals Bryan will watch with me), and the Bourne Trilogy (this one is more for the both of us, but I don't care). He also got me 2 cards. One was funny and had a voucher for a spa day which I'm going to cash in when I can't see my feet anymore. The other was very sweet with a personal message that made me cry (which I'm blaming on the hormone changes) and a promise to go out that day and buy my cowboy boots that I'd been wanting for a while.

I'm pretty sure that we had seen some ads for estate sales that day to and we stopped by them. Don't I have such a wonderful husband? How many guys want to go to estate sales? He seems to like them in a way. The first one had some furniture we considered, but decided against, but they had practicably new onesies from GAP for a $1 a piece, so we did pick up some of them. Random, but still. The other one we found a wireless printer with some ink cartridges. The lady was going to give us the printer for free since she said it had starting going fritzy or something, so we offered her $15 for the printer and the ink (which alone was worth it). We got home and it seemed to work fine. We've had no problems, so what a good deal for us!

After that Bryan did make good on his promise to get me cowboy boots. I like traditional (no teals for me) so this is what I know have. And I LOVE them!!
Oh yeah! I even wore them that night to dinner. We went to Communal (our favorite) with Nathan and Korina. They had even gotten me makeup from Urban Decay. It's so soft and real--and by that I mean stuff that professionals use. It's so nice. But like I said, we went to Communal and it was Nathan and Korina's first time. I think they really liked it. Just for an example we had deviled eggs for an appetizer. Fairly common, right? ....I'm pretty sure mine don't look like this.
I forgot to take pictures of the rest of the food because we were hungry and it was all so good. Trust me on that. However, I did remember to take a picture of Bryan and me.
I do look better than the morning, I'll give myself that. And Bryan always looks good. It's kind of annoying actually. We may even have gone to a movie afterward. I think it was Taken 2. It was entertaining.

On my actual birthday we didn't do that much. We both had to work--like usual. But we did go to dinner that night at La Jolla Grove. Also a pretty good restaurant. And we stopped and picked up a cake from The Chocolate. Yum!!
This was me talking to first Dad, then Mom. They took up most of our dinner time actually.

So overall I had a great birthday. Bryan is amazing to me and I love him so much. So happy 25th!! (Quarter of a century.......that sounds so old!)

1 comment:

Emily Hodgen said...

Your wavy hair looks so good in these! i still can't believe it's so short, but it's super cute!